Saturday, October 21, 2006

Marketing Secrets

I saw an absolutely brilliant post by Seth Godin today. These top ten marketing tips account for nine of the obstacles I'm dealing with right now. The tenth - budget - fortunately isn't my problem on this one, although I am going to be looking out for those bright coloured alarm bells.

I'm trying to decide whether the image of a company, its history, its values and ambition are best represented by a mission statement or by a human being.

It's easier to follow a guideline as they are not the moving targets CEOs invariably are, but I can't help feeling it's much more human to follow a leader.

Also what happens when the PR agency comes up with the mission statement? Who gets the identity-kudos then? I might be wrong here, but my gut feeling is that a physical point of reference is easier to focus on than a slick slogan.

Now all that's left to do is convince "them"......

No comments: